Sunday, December 04, 2005

Another dead series

dammit...just found out Over There was canceled. On top of that, "The Shield" has an extra 8 episodes or so this season - but that's probably to finish off the series. I agree that it's hard to keep Vic and the Strike Team out of trouble perpetually, but it's hard to say goodbye to my second favorite cop TV series (The Wire...superior entertainment). Over There, you'll be missed - there was never a moment where I was bored...and any TV show that has Mark John Paul Gossalaer (Don't call me Zack) get his head cut off by Iraqi insurgents - priceless, baby!

Next thing you know, Thief will be canceled, maybe before its first run is completed (god forbid). But damn, F/X has had a run just as good as HBO's pre-"Entourage"...if not better. The Shield, Nip/Tuck, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Over There - hell, I watched "Lucky" and liked it. Starved made me sick, but again, it was a noble failure, which is far more credit than I would give for 90% of the horrible, horrible crap on NBC. As far as I'm concerned - NBC put itself in this position; they had a decade of domination in Thursday primetime, the least they could have done was put some interesting, challenging, innovative programming in the 8:30PM time slot - hell, you could have put snow on the TV on ABC in that timeslot and still pull a few ratings points. Anyway, the Sarge, Doublewide, Mrs. B, Smoke, Dim, Angel and the entire gang will be sorely missed, and remembered, at least by me. Can't wait til you come out on DVD...speaking of that, Showtime, there's no way I'm getting you, so hurry up and get Sleeper Cell on DVD...or actually, god bless Bittorrent... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home